whiteness & music
bibliography under construction through August 2018
- Alcoff, Linda Martín. 2015. The Future of Whiteness. Cambridge and Malden: Polity Press.
- Coates, Ta-Nehisi. 2017. “The First White President.” The Atlantic. https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/10/the-first-white-president-ta-nehisi-coates/537909/.
- Crenshaw, Kimberle. 2016. “Stanford Law Review Mapping the Margins : Intersectionality , Identity Politics , and Violence against Women of Color Linked References Are Available on JSTOR for This Article : Mapping the Margins : Intersectionality , Identity Politics , and Violence Ag.” Stanford Law Review 43 (6): 1241–99.
- Frankenberg, Ruth. 1993. White Women, Race Matters: The Social Construction of Whiteness. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press.
- Hayes, Chris. 2017. A Colony in a Nation. New York: Norton.
- Hochschild, Arlie Russell. 2016. Strangers in Their Own Land: Anger and Mourning on the American Right. New York and London: The New Press.
- Hubbs, Nadine. 2014. Rednecks, Queers, and Country Music. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- Johnson, Walter, and Robin D. G. Kelley. 2017. “Race Capitalism Justice.” Forum I | Boston Review. https://bostonreview.net/forum-i.
- Pratt, Minnie Bruce. 1991. “Identity: Skin, Blood, Heart.” In Rebellion: Essays 1980-1991, 27–77. Firebrand Books.
- Steele, Claude M. 1999. “Thin Ice: ‘Stereotype Threat’ and Black College Students.” The Atlantic Monthly, August.
- Walsh, Shannon. 2016. “Afro-Pessimism and Friendship in South Africa: An Interview with Frank B. Wilderson III.” In Ties That Bind: Race and the Politics of Friendship in South Africa, 69–98.